Catering for elderly people requiring nursing care
Our Underlying Principles
Registered with the Health Information & Quality Authority (HIQA) as a Nursing Home.
We foster an atmosphere of friendliness in a comfortable and pleasant environment, where choice is acknowledged as an important component of contentment and happiness.
St Mary’s is primarily a nursing facility and we do not provide acute medical or hospital treatments and services. Where a person requires acute hospital care during their stay with us, we can arrange for transfer to one of our local hospitals for appropriate acute care and treatment.
The following principles underpin delivery of care to all of our residents:
- Tailoring care to the individual
- Knowing our residents personally
- Respecting residents rights
- Ensuring resident privacy and dignity
- Maximising residents abilities and independence
- Managing risk appropriately
- Promoting choice
- Empowering residents
- Empowering relatives